The charm of Manali is such that the hill station witnesses the arrival of hordes of tourists throughout the year. It welcomes one and all in its warm embrace, especially during the summers, also showers affection in the monsoon that soaks up the spirit of the sojourners and ensures that tourists chill out to the hilt when they land on its hilly terrains in winters. The right time to visit Manali is:
Different seasons in Manali:
1.Winter( OCTOBER- MARCH)
Winters are a great time to visit Manali. The winters’ temperature can go below 0º C, so some suitable woolens, boots, and healthy food keep yourself snug and warm.
- October-You must visit Manali in October because of Kullu Dussehra because Kullu Dussehra is something very different, and you must join. In October, you can also go trekking, camping, paragliding in Manali.
- November & December -In November and December, you can enjoy the chilled weather of Manali. Or sometimes there are more chances to see live snowfall after 15 December.
- In Manali, after 15Dec, there is an 80 to 90 % chance of having snowfall. And in these times, you can also enjoy live snowfall. During these months you can also enjoy snow activities like snowboarding, skiing, zorbing, etc.
Hence it is the right time to visit Manali. Winters in Manali mean snow, and the Solang, Gulaba, and Rohtang offer spine-chilling skiing reverie amidst the thick snow coating. Moreover, this is the season when you can get great deals on hotels and accommodation options.
The summer season is the best time to visit Manali if you’re looking for outdoor activities like trekking, paragliding, and rafting. At this time, the temperature ranges from 10°C to 30°C. The weather stays pleasant in the day and turns cool at night. Even during this time, tourists can enjoy the views of the scenic snow-capped mountains located far above.
- April to June is when you can enjoy the pleasant weather here because, in other regions of India like Delhi, Gujarat, Rajasthan Punjab, and Haryana, the temperature reaches 40 degrees. One can experience the festival of Basantotsav in the summer month of April. The fair has also declared as a state festival by the Himachal Pradesh government. As it marks the beginning of the spring season (and the tourist season) in the valley, it is also known as Spring Festival.
Camping is fun with bike adventures on underhand roads this season. Hadimba temple can be visited when you can indulge in taking a forest walk or photograph the marvel in and around the temple’s vicinity. Solang will also show you snow-clad crests; Mount Ladakhi, Mount Hanuman Tibba, and Mount Friendship.
The season of Monsoon is not an ideal time to visit Manali. The place experiences heavy rainfall throughout this time. Carry lightweight and waterproof clothes. The temperature is 10-16º C . If you are looking for a trip with a meager budget, this off-season offers excellent discounts on hotel room tariffs.
- July- September– Visiting Manali this time of the year can affect plans as heavy rainfalls can make tourists stay in their hotels the whole time. You can come to Manali in these months to enjoy the rain, But sometimes because of heavy rain the chances of flood increases, so it is advisable to stay far from the river banks. Therefore, in these months, rafting has also not been done in Kullu-Manali due to associated risks.
You can participate in the Brahmand tour organized for passionate bikers to take and camp in the stunning landscapes and breathtaking destinations for bikers. For those who have no such passion, you can shop, eat at those little town cafes or relax with some joyous spa sessions.